The monthly meeting for February will be the weekend Quilt Retreat. Currently all 12 overnight spots are filled, but we are going to do an open sew for the rest of the group during the day on Saturday. Please keep in mind that we have limited space (due to furniture and outlets) so please RSVP via the guild's email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your spot.
When: President's Day Weekend
+Check In: Friday, February 13, 2015 @ 3pm
+Check Out: Monday, February 16, 2015 @ 11am
Where: The Brown County Cabins
+304 Whippoorwill Lane, Nashville, IN 47448
+We have 2 cabins, the Lodge and the Anniversary Cabin
Other Important Details:
+We will be sending out an email to those who reserved a spot at the retreat in January. This email will include detailed information about the planned activities, food organization, and equipment organization.
+The weekend will be pitch-in style. The cabins are equipped with a full kitchen, but we must bring our own food. More details about this in the January email.
+All linens are provided.
+To help prevent too much stuff, we will be organizing a sign up to bring ironing boards, irons, folding tables and chairs, etc. More details about this in the January email as well.
Friday, December 19, 2014
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
We hate to be a nag, but we just wanted to remind you that 2015 is coming up fast, and it's time to renew memberships! Here's some things you need to know about renewals:
- Membership dues have not increased they are still $30 for the year.
- Membership still allows you to attend meetings, swaps, retreats, participate in MQG fabric challenges, and other great benefits. (Side note: there is a MQG fabric challenge coming up in January and you don't want to miss it!)
- You can fill out your membership renewal form here.
- Complete the 2014 survey to share information about what you like and what can be improved with the guild - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZN8BNDJ
- If you want to pay via PayPal use the guild's email (email@example.com) and select "Send Money to Friends and Family".
- If you want to renew by check please still complete the renewal form online and indicate you are mailing your renewal fees. Then mail the check to Indy Modern Quilt Guild at PO Box 20254, Indianapolis, IN 46220.
If you have any questions about renewals please feel free email us.
Looking forward to a great year!
If you are a new member, you can still fill out the membership form, complete the survey, and send your dues via PayPal or check.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
The International Quilt Festival is going to showcase Modern Quilts from midwest quilters at the next festival! So if you've ever wanted to enter a quilt, now is your chance!! The chosen quilts will be exhibited at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago on March 26-28, 2015
Here are some details you need to know:
Here are some details you need to know:
- Quilters must be from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, or Michigan to be eligible to enter a quilt.
- The exhibit will feature modern quilts based on the Friendship Star Block, so keep that in mind when designing your quilt.
- You may submit a total of 2 quilts for consideration.
- Quilts can be no smaller than 36" x 36".
- Registration opens December 19, 2014, and the submission deadline (form and visuals to be entered online) is Friday, January 30, 2015.
- Go here, to find the submission form and more details.
Friday, December 12, 2014
|Quilt and Photo by Lindsay Lefevere|
When: Sunday January 25, 2015 from 2-5pm
Where: the Mass Ave RAD Space next to Crimson Tate in the 800 block of Mass Ave it's in the building just about 1/4 of a block away from the shop, enter in the back and watch for the signs. There is street parking (free on Sunday) and limited lot parking.
+Speaker Lindsay Lefevere will be discussing interface piecing and sharing a super secret technique that will blow your socks off!
+Show and Tell
+January Block Lotto
+Items to participate in Lindsay's demonstration (additional details to follow)
+An item for show and tell, either a finished project or work-in-progress.
+Membership Renewal Dues and/or Membership Form and Dues for new members!
+Money to shop at Crimson Tate!
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
- Membership Renewals for 2015: We are still accepting renewals and new members for 2015. Dues are $30 for the entire year. For more details, please go here.
- Quilt Retreat: Set for the weekend of Feb 13-15, 2015. Overnight spots are capped and filled at 12. Please make sure your deposits are sent to secure your spot. For questions and concerns on the retreat, please contact Tisha or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming Dates and Activities:
- January 2015 Meeting set for Jan 25th @ the RAD space next to Crimson Tate. More details to follow.
- MQG is hosting a spring fabric challenge coming soon. More details to follow.
Mug Rug Swap
The Mug Rug Swap was a success! You can see all the mug rugs in the above photo.
Show and Tell
|Meghan's first show and tell|
|Meghan's second show and tell.|
|Check out that amazing rainbow spiral!|
|And the back gets even better!|
|Allison's Butterfly Quilt! #TulaTroops|
|Darcie's Mod Blocks (pattern by our own Amy Garro)|
|Molly's hand applique|
|Molly's "test" to be turned into a bigger quilt (even though the "test" is pretty awesome as it's own quilt)|
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Here's our next block due in January 2015, Broken Herringbone by Play Crafts.
The color scheme is AQUA and RED. Solids and prints are fine! White for the sashing strips.
Here is an example of the block in the chosen color scheme:
Every month, we'll show a block at the meeting and post a link to a tutorial here and on our blog, along with a designated color scheme. If you want to give it a try, make the block and bring it to the next meeting with your name on a piece of tape on the back. Your block acts as your lottery ticket, and if we draw your name, you get all the blocks! If we have more than 20 blocks we'll draw 2 winners. You may make up to 3 blocks, giving you additional entries. If you win, you must show us a FINISHED QUILT (not just a top!) in order to win again, but you can still make blocks for future months.The blocks might be a little challenging and out of your comfort zone, but hey, you have the chance to win lots of finished ones with a fraction of the work!
If you have any questions, just ask!
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Reminder- December Holiday Party/Meeting
When: This Sunday 12/7 from 1-4pm
Where: Lisa's House. 3847 E. 62nd St. Indianapolis INWhat: Announcements, show and tell, Mug Rug Swap, and holiday treats.
For more details, click here.