Now that we have a few more details on the show, here is some helpful information if you would like to enter a quilt into the show and/or sign up to volunteer.
When: Sunday July 31st, 2016 2pm-5:30pm
Where: Broad Ripple Park (1500 Broad Ripple Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46220) under their large picnic Shelter #1.Submission Guidelines:
- Size: 70”W x 96”H (we can be flexible if you let us know in advance).
- There will be no need to attach a hanging sleeve.
- Quilt must be submitted using the online submission form (link below) by July 10th.
- Quilts must be finished (including quilting and binding) and dropped off at either Lisa's House or Darcie's House by
- Quilt must include a short description including what makes it a Modern quilt, if you enter a quilt, you will be sent a "Quilt Tag" form to fill out with your name, description, etc. We will be hanging these on the quilts at the show.
- Quilts must be created and submitted by an active IMQG member to be eligible
- We want to display quilts that really emphasize modern aesthetic and principles. These include, but are not limited to: the use of bold colors and modern prints, high contrast, and graphic areas of solid color, improvisational piecing, minimalism, expansive negative space, and alternate grid work.
Submission Form: http://goo.gl/forms/fAYuFzQ0kp
Due to the space limitations in the park, we will need to determine the number of quilts each person can hang based on the number of entries we get. Feel free to submit as many quilts as you want and we will let you know how many can be shown after our submissions close.
Volunteer Roles: If you would like to volunteer before, during, or after the show, Molly has put together some roles and descriptions. You many sign up for as many or as few spots as you'd like. Also, if you have anything to add to the volunteer, feel free to let us know! Simply email the guild (or Molly) and let us know what specific job you would like to volunteer for!
Outreach and Promotion(Before the show)Types of responsibilities:
- Blog post/social media post beforehand about the show
- Tag/Tweet/Etc to local businesses and outlets that might want to know about the show. News Media Outreach?
- Reach out to other local guilds (sending flyer PDF and link to FB event)
- Drop off flyers at local quilt shops, fabric stores, coffee shops etc
- Help Molly request local donations from Indy stores
- Goal of 300 people thereDay-of Setup(11am-2pm)Types of responsibilities:
- Setting out tablecloths over tables for quilts to be unloaded
- Cleaning shelter as needed from litter, major spills, etc
- Setting up IMQG info table; scavenger hunt, posters
- Setting up any donated food/water and necessary signage
Quilt Hanging/Take Down (special teams)(10am-when quilts are hung; 5pm-when quilts are packed up)Types of responsibilities:
- Climb ladders in teams of 3 to hang quilts
- 1 person to follow team and pick up bags after signage is hung
- Climb ladders in teams of 3 to take down, fold, and bag quilts
- 1 person to lay out bags for take-down, unpin signs, and put in bags before quilt is taken down
- Pinning signs to each quilt
During-Show Volunteers(shifts during 1:30-5pm)Types of Responsibilities:
- Membership advocates; sitting at IMQG booth and answering questions
- Running kid's scavenger hunt activity
Show Photographer(2-5pm)Types of Responsibilities:
- Photos head-on of all quilts, photos of attendees, photos of quilters with their quilts, etc
- Edit photos and share digital copies with IMQG
Day-of Cleanup(5pm-when we leave the park!)Types of Responsibilities:
- Clean up ALL materials, trash, etc
- Take down ropes etc from quilt hanging
- Load up folding tables and bagged quilts
- Turn IMQG info table to "quick pick up table"
- Running "quilt pick-up" table if people want to take home that day (starting 6pm)Show Follow-Up(after the show)Types of Responsibilities:
- Blog post afterwards about the show
- Contact anyone who left email addresses being interested in IMQG